Monday, October 18, 2010

my weekend


(lots of VW listening. I have officially overplayed the Phoenix album so this cd was the soundtrack to our weekend)


(last wedding of the season, they had props on the dancefloor)

gorgeous wedding, beautiful bride, happy people. it's always fun to see people dance you haven't seen dance before.


(this didn't happen this weekend; this is just the face I make when I see babies)

we went to a 1 year old's birthday. I was so psyched to see the adorable little guy. I held him and made him cry which prompted me to ask Ryan if I thought our kids would like me. He looked at me like I was crazy and said of course they would but they might sense my crazy love for them and that is why they are nervous. Then he took it back saying babies are not like bears. regardless, I got some good times in with the wee ones since I had a balloon and he loved balloons (what little kid/adult doesn't?)


also:
-LOTS of cleaning our house
-more spaghetti squash, made soup for lunch for the week, made muffins for breakfast
-did a million loads of laundry (anyone else feel REALLY good after they do this??)
-went to the new super target near me (super jazzed!!!!)
-hysterical game of cranium
-loads of treats (candy, cake; all wedding related I swear!!!)


didn't:
-buy supplies to start a certain christmas gift
-get my wedding dress cleaned (still...I know)
-call/write my grandma (need to print out some photos and send them her way!)
-get my hair cut (everyone keeps saying how nice it looks long but it is driving me bonkers)

how was yours??

6 comments:

  1. 1. I've never seen your house but I can't imagine you would live in anything resembling a 'shithole'.
    2. The best feeling in the world is when everything is folded and all laundry baskets are empty.
    3. Target = God.
    4. I STILL haven't cleaned my wedding dress. Doesn't seem like I'm gonna get around to that...
    5. Cutting my hair was the first thing I did as a married lady. Almost had it done after the reception was over. Haha.

    Hope all is well. Love that picture of you two. You look really happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get cooler by the day. We love us some Phoenix...you've checked out Passion Pit, right?

    I second Lisa's #1 and #3.

    I need a haircut as well, I'll back your haircut desires lady. Despite what other people say, only what's comfy for you matters. Easier said than done. I don't want to hear how "tomboyish" my hair looks once more in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we've played out vampire weekend and passion pit at our house. looking for something new. any suggestions? i've also reverted to older stuff... sometimes the old stuff feels new again after a while.

    anyways... oh! i made a Moroccan spaghetti squash via epicurious and thought of you! well, duh, you inspired me to do it. josh had never had spaghetti squash before either! it was lovely! tis the season for gourds and squashes. can't wait to make the zucchini tonight!

    and hooray for last wedding of the season. it was a long one, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha your post wedding to-do list sounds a lot like mine did! it took me months to get my dress cleaned.

    sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! i actually tagged along with a friend and her family to a pumpkin patch! i just borrow other people's children seeing as i don't have my own yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it's time for your wife chop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa-
    1.thank you!
    2.i know! why is that?!
    3.yeessssss!!!
    4.good to know i'm not the only one!
    5.can't wait! its driving me cra-zay
    thanks again!

    Lizzie- i totally love them! they're local guys for me too! also, your hair is hella cute

    Angie- such a long season! in terms of music, the next couple I want to check out are the new arcade fire, mumford & sons, broken bells and the swell season. if you are looking for a good new one: the avett brothers is excellant. a good old one? you can't go wrong with neko case

    iheartkiwi- i just read your post! a petting zoo, how fun!

    sarah- ha ha i love it. it is definitely time for wife chop (it sounds like a badass karate move)

    ReplyDelete