Wednesday, February 23, 2011

old friends.


(thats high school me posing in front of Roche Bros, the place all my friends worked, including the one I mention below. Despite repeated applications, I never got the chance to work there. From repeatedly applying, I memorized my social security number, so I guess thanks for that, RBs.)


I went out with a friend last night that I haven't seen in at least 6 years*. She is the dear friend who helped me through my miscarriage a couple weeks ago. It is crazy and so wonderful to literally fall back into a friendship effortlessly like we just saw each other last week. It was so great that it made me sad we had ever fallen out of touch. Everything from watching 'Fallen Attractions' and law and order type shows to how we approached our weddings (she was a big help when I was in the early planning stages since she also felt no need to spend $1000's on unnecessary items and gave me gave tips in general). So here is a quick cheers to the people we don't know our missing from our lives until we find them again. Here here!**





*I gave her the stuffed animals and she loved them! I really love making things for people who really appreciate them!
**no clapping. You know how I feel about clapping.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, look how cute you are! It's so good to get back into a close friendship with someone. I've never been good at maintaining friendships over long time spans, so I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, all of my high school friends are gone and my college friends live far away, but when I see them it's exactly where we were.

    I'm so glad that she loved the animals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have spent some time with older friends too that I hadn't seen in a while and its great because there is lots to talk about, but none of the awkwardness of new acquaintances. Plus, they feel so safe - I figure if they liked me at 14 I have nothing to worry about now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. High School Lisa! I love High School Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are too adorable! so glad you reconnected with a friend, I've been connecting with friends from high school lately as well and it's been really fun! i think almost-summer might be the time for that..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love when you can just pick up where you left off, even if it was a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love rekindling a friendship with an old friend. It feels comfortable from the get go but there's lots of new experiences to share with one another.

    ReplyDelete